Academy for Women Entrepreneurs in Hungary
Program: May 2021 – March 2022
Application deadline: May 2, 2021
A program For women with a business idea
About the Program
The Academy for Women Entrepreneurs (AWE) is a female entrepreneurship promotion program that provides women entrepreneurs with the knowledge, tools and network they need to create and grow your businesses. It enables women from all over the world to deepen your entrepreneurial skills and build your business model, through a facilitated online education program in English and ongoing mentorship.
In 2021 Hungary joins AWE’s global network for the first time through the US Embassy in Budapest in partnership with The Foundation for Sustainable Enterprises, a team that works alongside Impact Hub Budapest.
AWE Hungary builds its business development framework on the global experience, but the 10-month program is adapted to the local context to best serve the needs of the target group of Hungarian female entrepreneurs, and is supplemented with networking and mentorship opportunities.
“When I started matyodesign, it really made a huge difference that I received support in business planning and continuous, one-on-one mentoring. That’s why I recommend this program!”
Who can participate?
AWE Hungary is looking for women with unrealized enterprise ideas or whose business is in a very early stage and who are motivated to launch or further build your enterprise.
We intend to recruit 30 women in total, 5 from Pest county (Budapest excluded) and 25 from the countryside.
We are looking for you, if you
- have a business idea or a running business with less than a total of 1 million HUF revenue;
- are dedicated to commit a total of 7-10 hours per week in a flexible setup to improve your entrepreneurial skills, to develop/fine-tune your business model and to connect with mentors and other would-be entrepreneurs;
- live and plan to realize the business in both rural and urban areas of Hungary outside of Budapest;
- are between 25 and 45 years old;
- have a good understanding of written and spoken English to be able to complete the online course;
- have access to a computer/tablet.
You can be on your own or part of a team around the business idea. In the later case, the person leading the team needs to apply and fulfill all the eligibility criteria.
What are the benefits of the program?
A dedicated one-on-one mentor to support you in your business planning process
Access to a community of female entrepreneurs with opportunities for peer-to-peer inspiration and learning
The opportunity to pitch your business idea in front of a prominent jury
The chance to get funding to launch or consolidate your business
A total of 25.000 USD will be distributed as a non-refundable grant among the 3-5 most promising entrepreneurs based on your submitted business plans and presentations.
How to apply?
You can apply to AWE Hungary in two steps:
Go to this online application form, fill out some basic data and at the end attach the filled document.
Optional: you can include a link to a maximum 2-minute long video about yourself and your business idea.
Application deadline: May 2, 2021, 11:59pm
What are the selection criteria?
Eligible applications will be assessed towards the following criteria by the organizing partners:
- Motivation and commitment to participate in the program
- Viability and innovation of the business idea proposed
- Preference may be given for business ideas with a positive social or environmental impact
- There is added value in the program for the participant.